Php $_post Problems

giridharseel

Hello,my problem is that data in fields are not posted to another page,, plz explain i had build a test.html page,,the code in this page is <html><body><table width="100%" border="0"> <tr> <td><form name="form1" method="post" action="get.php"> <table width="100%" border="0"> <tr> <td colspan="2"><div align="center"><strong>Get Your Mysql Host Details</strong></div></td> </tr> <tr> <td width="14%">Mysql Host</td> <td width="86%"><label> <input name="host" type="text" id="host" size="45"> </label></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Mysql username</td> <td><label> <input type="text" name="username" id="username"> </label></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Mysql Password</td> <td><label> <input type="text" name="password" id="password"> </label></td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td><label> <input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit"> </label></td> </tr> </table> </form> </td></tr></table> </body> </html>when i click the submit button it goes to the page called test1.phpthe code in this page is<?php$host=$_POST["host"];$username=$_POST["username"];$password=$_POST["password"];$con = mysql_connect("$host","$username","$password");echo "MySQL host info: " . mysql_get_host_info($con) . "</br>";echo "MYSQL server info: " . mysql_get_server_info($con) . "</br>";echo " MYSQL client info: " . mysql_get_client_info();?>

You are sending the data to a page called get.php. However, your action page is actually called...

i dont understand wat u mean action page in your terms, but i cannot understand watz the problem,,i think the problem is with php version (i think wat i am using is object oriented php)my server details goes here,, plz explain sir#Operating systemLinux#Apache version2.2.11 (Unix)#PHP version5.2.8#MySQL version5.0.67

Your process page, the one the form is supposed to be sent to, is called test1.php. However, in your form, the destination is stated as get.php. So the data doesn't get through.Don't worry, your code is entirely procedural.

Do some basic debugging. At the top of your script, add this:var_dump($_POST);See if there are any values there.Ater your call to mysql_connect(), add this:echo $con;If you have a true connection, you should get a resource ID.

Archived