Simple Streaming Audio Player

MinusMyThoughts

Hey, guys!I've got a problem with a set of SWF files that I'm trying to load into a static HTML site to play audio. There are three files: media-controller.swf (a stop, pause, and play buttons), music_loop.swf (2 WAV files; intro and loop, set on keyframes, set to play the intro once and then infinitely play the loop), and c.swf (a container document that calls music_loop.swf).media-controller.swf is a shared resource, called by music_loop.swf to allow the user to stop and start the loop at will.music_loop.swf has the following AS applied to it:keyframe 2780: gotoAndPlay(349);c.swf has one movie clip ("container") embedded in it, one keyframe, and the following AS:keyframe 1: container.loadMovie("music_loop.swf");I'm using jQuery's SWFObject to load the movie, which is working when I load c.swf, but the music_loop.swf file never loads.When I test this on my local machine, the file loads fine and loops as it's supposed to. However, online, I cannot get music_loop.swf to load, no matter if it's referenced by another SWF or called directly.Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or, because this seems like a cumbersome way to accomplish what I thought would be a relatively simple task, does anyone know a better method of embedding two audio clips in an HTML site that will loop seamlessly?Thanks so much!-Jason

Hey, guys!I've got a problem with a set of SWF files that I'm trying to load into a static HTML site to play audio. There are three files: media-controller.swf (a stop, pause, and play buttons), music_loop.swf (2 WAV files; intro and loop, set on keyframes, set to play the intro once and then infinitely play the loop), and c.swf (a container document that calls music_loop.swf).media-controller.swf is a shared resource, called by music_loop.swf to allow the user to stop and start the loop at will.music_loop.swf has the following AS applied to it:keyframe 2780: gotoAndPlay(349);c.swf has one movie clip ("container") embedded in it, one keyframe, and the following AS:keyframe 1: container.loadMovie("music_loop.swf");I'm using jQuery's SWFObject to load the movie, which is working when I load c.swf, but the music_loop.swf file never loads.When I test this on my local machine, the file loads fine and loops as it's supposed to. However, online, I cannot get music_loop.swf to load, no matter if it's referenced by another SWF or called directly.Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or, because this seems like a cumbersome way to accomplish what I thought would be a relatively simple task, does anyone know a better method of embedding two audio clips in an HTML site that will loop seamlessly?Thanks so much!-Jason
What AS are you using? Why are you using more then one swf file?

What AS are you using? Why are you using more then one swf file?

Archived