Multi Panel Gui In Php

avidcoder

sampleprofile.jpgAll, I am very comfortable with PHP server side scripting and have developed a web site, however I am having issues with the front end or GUI with multiple panels and tab to switch around. I have to display the mySQL database values into these multiple panel form. Some panels should be read only (for diaplying only) and some panels should be editable for entering data into mySQL DB, along with some tabs to switch around.I need to know if this can be done purely in PHP or I need to embed java script to create the multi panel form as show in the link attached. Or if I need to use some tools like GWT (Google dev toolkit) then I may switch to it.If anybody has a frame work to do this I would appreciate if I can use it. It does not have to be exactly like this but just couple of panels and I can modify further. Appreciate any help I can get.Thanks

PHP doesn't do anything with the interface, it's only on the server. The interface is still HTML, Javascript, CSS, etc. Once you build your interface you just use PHP to fill in the data. There are several Javascript frameworks that will do stuff like that, I've been partial to ExtJS for my own projects.

PHP doesn't do anything with the interface, it's only on the server. The interface is still HTML, Javascript, CSS, etc. Once you build your interface you just use PHP to fill in the data. There are several Javascript frameworks that will do stuff like that, I've been partial to ExtJS for my own projects.
Thanks for the reply. I will look to build the front end with JS.

Archived