Download And Run?

KYKK

I have a bat file, a exe file and a dll file what i want is when a person view 1 webpage, he download all these 3 files and after download it auto run the bat filewell first I need to make a webpage which when a person view he download 3 files (3 files 1 webpage)btw if possible I don't want to see the "where you want to save the files" thingy... I have no idea how...then after he download I want it run the bat file without pressing anythingI was thinking about putting all 3 files into a zip file and self extract but winrar and winzip do the "where you want to extract" question... thx for helping

I have a bat file, a exe file and a dll file what i want is when a person view 1 webpage, he download all these 3 files and after download it auto run the bat filewell first I need to make a webpage which when a person view he download 3 files (3 files 1 webpage)btw if possible I don't want to see the "where you want to save the files" thingy... I have no idea how...then after he download I want it run the bat file without pressing anythingI was thinking about putting all 3 files into a zip file and self extract but winrar and winzip do the "where you want to extract" question... thx for helping
First off what you asking is ActiveX or even some type of JAVA Applet system.Have you ever seen these methods being done via HTML or even a Web page?

Don't hold your breath. With the kind of privileges you describe, you could reformat a user's hard drive. Most likely the browser designers have thought of that and deliberately prevent it.

Good intentions or not, what you're trying to do is send a user an arbitrary program and have them run it. People writing spyware and viruses have been trying to do that for years. Browsers have been working to stop people from doing that for years. If you don't understand why it's a terrible idea to have a user execute a program without knowing it, then you haven't thought this through. You need to think of another solution that will accomplish your goal. I'll tell you right now that the user will be required to actually save and run the program themselves, you aren't allowed to do that for them.

I am trying to give remote desktop support not a virus... (robin can't you think people are nice for what they doing) ... lol anywayso I doing VNC reverse connection, which mean people connect to my computer and i can "control" their computerthat why i don't want like all those questions about where to extract where to download things.. if the person need help don't know anything at all.. ________________to justsomeguy thx for a good reply..anyone know the simplest thing to do that? I made shortcuts and bat files so they only need to click on 1 file to connect to my PC AFTER they get 3 files in same folder...

You should be able to find an installer where you can package your files and tell it which one to run after it extracts them. It will ask the user where to install and things like that, you can give it a default location in program files somewhere. There are several installer systems around that people use.You might also just want to use techinline.com and get an account there, they already have a system set up like you're trying to do. Their system runs in IE and Firefox, and for other browsers they have you download and install a client.

Archived