Is Something Sketchy

thescientist

I'm not to sure about how these kind of things work, but I just talked to my uncle about something that was done to his site by this website company that he doesn't like at all, and it kind of seemed a little sketchy to me so I thought I would get your guys' opinions. This is my uncle's website. www.tek-tempinstruments.comHe signed up with these guys, www.thomasnet.com to help him out with some referral business and whatnot, whatever, that's his industry, seems cool to me. However, all he said was that he didn't like how they changed his website, and that it's more of a catalog setup and not at all anything like his old website. (old site courtesy of archive.org). Design aside, on the new site I did notice that if you hover over any of the product links on his website and look at the link that appears at the bottom of your browser window, all the "in-site" links have an address that includes thomasnet in them; for instance "tektempinstruments.thomasnet.com/normal_site_link.html". I'm just wondering why this is and I just want to make sure that they're not trying to rip him off on referral links/clicks etc.

Hmm, if you read it, it looks like it is a subdomain from Thomasnet. So they are getting the views and your uncle isn't. That is what I think it is. So yea, that is just my input on it. But don't make any final decisions yet.

The only reason I thought that it would be beneficial was if they were doing it to track web statistic. Regardless, he doesn't like what they did with it anyway, I just happened to notice that on my own.

The links does follow also.It took me to http://tektempinstruments.thomasnet.com/vi...?&forward=1 as shown in the status bar.I do not know why this is done so.If i understand things correctly the links now leads you to thomasnet.com.I do not know why things are done in this way.The contact information and mail links given seems to guide one to tektempinstruments.As i understand the clicks now leads to thomasnet.com.If that is not what you want you should change it.atleast that will save you some bandwidth since now thomasnet.com will pay for it.

Archived