Generate Random Numbers. Ajax/php

agnarkb

I´m currently working on a Bingo project. I have written a script, using JS and HTML for the webpage, that generates a bingo card with random numbers. However, I´m now having problems with what I thought would be relatively simple. The bingo number caller or whatever it is called. The idea I had was to use AJAX and it would display random chars and numbers[b1, O67...] that would be the bingo caller in a horizontal line below the card.I have tried everything I know but I just can´t get it to work. Do you have any codes that do this sort of things or similar?

Can you show your code? How is it not working?
Used some of a code to create the bingo card from a book I own.Then I tried writing some code to do the random numbers. I couldn´t do it right with AJAX. The only code that somewhat worked, but not totally what I was looking for.div:
<div id='random'></div><br />	<input name="button" type="button" value="Click" onClick="randomBingoCallNumber(75,25)"/> </div>

java script:

var i=1;function randomBingoCallNumber(maximumValue, numberOfTimes){ i++;  document.getElementById('random').innerHTML='';  var Number = Math.Floor((Math.random()*parseInt(maxVal)).toFixed(2));  document.getElementById('random').innerHTML=Number; //gett if(i< = numberOfTimes)   setTimeout("randomBingoCallNumber("+maximumValue+","+numberOfTimes+")",500); else 	i=1;}

I want it to use AJAX to make it refresh automatically, not pushing a button.

var Number = Math.Floor((Math.random()*parseInt(maxVal)).toFixed(2));That variable is undefined.if(i< = numberOfTimes)It's not valid to have a space there, the operator is "<=". With a space it's 2 different operators.

Are you using AJAX because you have multiple players on multiple browsers? That's going to open up a lot of other issues, too.If you simply want an automated process, look into the Javascript setInterval() functionThat can be used locally, or to call a PHP script at regular intervals via AJAX.

Are you using AJAX because you have multiple players on multiple browsers? That's going to open up a lot of other issues, too.If you simply want an automated process, look into the Javascript setInterval() functionThat can be used locally, or to call a PHP script at regular intervals via AJAX.
I mostly want an automated process. Like it would be in real life.

With this line in there:document.getElementById('random').innerHTML='';It's going to delete the contents of that div every time it runs the function. So the first time it runs, it will delete the contents, then print a number there. The second time it runs, when i=2, it will again delete the contents and print another number there. So after 25 times you'll end up with 1 number there.

Archived