Testing Out My Html From Notepad To A Browser Window

hamlet_giragosian

hey first of all, this is a very great site. i have learned a lot so far, but i don't know how i can test out my html code that i have written in Notepad in an actual browser window. can anyone provide me with instructions on how to do this please? a friend told me something about saving the Notepad file in .html format or something. how can i do this? when providing instructions, please assume no prior knowledge! thank you very much.

HTML files are plain text files. All characters should be visible, except for the space and return. So you can edit them in a plain text editor and save as plain text. All that is needed now is the .html extension.Do not save in Word format, RTF, or anything else. Plain text with a .html extension.Such a file can be opened in your browser the same way you would open any file. No server needed. The same is true of CSS and javascript files.

HTML files are plain text files. All characters should be visible, except for the space and return. So you can edit them in a plain text editor and save as plain text. All that is needed now is the .html extension.Do not save in Word format, RTF, or anything else. Plain text with a .html extension.Such a file can be opened in your browser the same way you would open any file. No server needed. The same is true of CSS and javascript files.
ok, but how do i save the file as a .html file?? please thanks

Archived