Regarding Server Side Validation

owl

Hi Experts,I validate a form on a webpage ( on server side using php ) by posting the form data on to the same page.if the form validation is successful, then i have to direct the user to a new page.can you suggest how this can be done using php.-Owl

Hi Experts,I validate a form on a webpage ( on server side using php ) by posting the form data on to the same page.if the form validation is successful, then i have to direct the user to a new page.can you suggest how this can be done using php.-Owl
This is exactly what I have been working on. The method I use is this://Start of page<?phpif (isset($_POST['Any form field']){ //server side validation code?> <html> <head> <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5;URL=another-page.html"> </head> <body> <!--WEB page content stating the user will be redirected in 5 seconds--> </body> </html>}else{?> <html> <!--WEB page with form--> </html><?php}?>the number after CONTENT is the number of seconds of the delay and the URL is the webpage the user will be taken to after those 5 seconds elapse.

If you want an invisible refresh that requires only one response-body and sends the correct HTTP header (and uses PHP only) you can also use the header() PHP function to send location:another-page.html

header("location:another-page.html");

Meta-refresh is not a standards compliant method. The Header tag as per above posting, .htaccess, or a 301 redirect are preferred.*edit for typos*

Archived