Property's

yrstruly

(1)If i want to increase the spacing between words in a heading, which property should i use? Am i correct if i use padding?(2)If i want to double-space all paragraphs on a page, what would the rule look like (asuming no other styles are required?)

Thank you. i take it the first link is for the spacing of the words only and the second for the paragraphs only? I need to know for the paragraph section, can i use any amount/number of the three examples you pointed out and i take it i can use my own numbers two?p{ line-height: 1.4}p{ line-height: 14pt} p{ line-height: 140%} When do you use padding?

Thank you. i take it the first link is for the spacing of the words only and the second for the paragraphs only? I need to know for the paragraph section, can i use any amount/number of the three examples you pointed out and i take it i can use my own numbers two?p{ line-height: 1.4}p{ line-height: 14pt} p{ line-height: 140%} When do you use padding?Is it also correct if i use: em & px instead of pt and %
Or when should i use which?

For both of these, you will get the best results, and easiest to manage, if you work with proportional units, like percent, ems, or exs. That way, if the font size changes, the spacing changes in proportion.Yes, you can have more than one reference to an ID in your CSS sections/sheets. To apply a style multiple times in your HTML, use classes, not id.

Padding just affects the edges of a block unit. It would not affect the space between individual lines of a paragraph at all. You can increase the space between paragraphs by adjusting the padding or (better) the margins.

Archived