Script Working In Macos X, Not In Windows

nicolet

The pagehttp://homepage.mac.com/eltiopaco/Alice/Th.../pg/Alice2.htmlis part of a Web site I am developing under Mac OS X. Clicking a combination of bits on this page calculates (by JavaScript) the decimal value. All works fine on my Mac with MacOS X Safari, Firefox, Opera, OmniWeb browsers. A friend informed me that the animation does not work under Windows, neither with Explorer nor with Firefox. Where is the problem? Isn't HTML, CSS and JavaScript the same in every operating system?Thanks for any help. CheersFrançois

It seems to work in Opera, although it requires one click to focus the image and another to toggle it, but the calculation works. On IE the animation works but the calculation does not. Firefox wants to download the HTML file.I'm not sure about using numbers as IDs though, I'm not sure that an ID can start with a number. Maybe use something like this instead:id="bit0" and then:document.getElementById("bit" + id).src ...I would use a different way to detect if they are set though, use the b array instead of i and j.

function swap(id) {	if (b[id] == 0) { document.getElementById("bit" + id).src = '../../../images/Bit1.gif'; b[id] = 1; }	else	  { document.getElementById("bit" + id).src = '../../../images/Bit0.gif'; b[id] = 0; }	document.getElementById('sum').innerHTML = b[0] + b[1]*2 + b[2]*4 + b[3]*8 + b[4]*16 + b[5]*32 + b[6]*64 + b[7]*128;   }

Instead of using "textContent", try "innerHTML" instead.

Archived