Xml Processing/parser For Linux Based Browsers

deostroll

There are no Unix-based browsers (Unix is an OS, it can't be used to make browsers)...

Oh... there are browsers that have been designed to run on the Linux OS and on other Unix derivatives, such as Konqueror for Linux / KDE (uses Webkit as its HTML renderer), and Safari for OS X (also Webkit). There are also multi-platform solutions like Firefox (Gecko) and Opera (Presto). Note that the aforementioned names are the names of the browser's rendering engines, the routines used to turn HTML into images on the screen. There are no names for the browser's XML parsers, I don't think, beyond "the Firefox XML parser", "the Safari XML parser", etc.By the way as you can see there is no one "standard", but the rendering engines are all more or less standards compliant, and the XML parsers all conform to the XML specification. Note that there are some differences in the handling of XHTML files (with the content-type:application/xhtml+xml).

• 2 weeks later...
Oh... there are browsers that have been designed to run on the Linux OS and on other Unix derivatives, such as Konqueror for Linux / KDE (uses Webkit as its HTML renderer), and Safari for OS X (also Webkit). There are also multi-platform solutions like Firefox (Gecko) and Opera (Presto). Note that the aforementioned names are the names of the browser's rendering engines, the routines used to turn HTML into images on the screen. There are no names for the browser's XML parsers, I don't think, beyond "the Firefox XML parser", "the Safari XML parser", etc.By the way as you can see there is no one "standard", but the rendering engines are all more or less standards compliant, and the XML parsers all conform to the XML specification. Note that there are some differences in the handling of XHTML files (with the content-type:application/xhtml+xml).
The problem is that webkit browsers do it differently. Like the W3schools xml tutorials don't work except for the xmlhttprequest and parsing xml as string. The xml DOM doesn't work for Chrome (at least for me).

Archived