Cycling Music

Zarifus

Ok, I have created a page with music playing in the background, and a button that will let me change the music by cycling through an array that lists out different songs.Can I make the player automatically change to the next song once the first one is done playing? (Like an event?)The Quicktime Plugin:

<object  	 classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" 	 codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" 	 width="320" height="256" id="mediaplayer">  <param name="src" value="web-content/music/Meteor.mov">  <embed height=256 width=320 	 src="web-content/music/Meteor.mp3" 	 type="video/quicktime" 	 pluginspage="web-content/www.apple.com/quicktime/download" 	 enablejavascript="true" / 	 name="mediaplayer"   />  </object>

The function that changes to the next song

<script>  var songnum = 0  var songarr=new Array()  songarr[0]="Meteor.mp3";  songarr[1]="Invoke.mp3";  songarr[2]="Thunderbird.mp3";  songarr[3]="Vestige.mp3";  songarr[4]="Zips.mp3";  function NextIt(anObj) 	 { 	 songnum++; 	 if(songnum>4)    {    songnum=0    } 	 anObj.SetURL(songarr[songnum]); 	 }  </script>

What I use to call the function (from the button)

href="javascript:NextIt(document.mediaplayer);"

What I'm hoping for is an event that could trigger the NextIt function.Thanks! (I'm new here, just starting with Javascript. Took out some books from the library nearby :) )

Thanks for the reply!The setTimeout() function would be useful, but I don't think it will work in my case, mainly because I have a 'Next Song' button, meaning that visitors can manually change the song, which would throw off of the timings...Hmm.... wait, can I cancel a previous timeout function?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've figured out most of the stuff I need now, like how to cancel the timeouts. One last thing I need to know though. Is there a way to get it to return the amount of time left in the timer?For instance, if I started a 30 second timer, but canceled it when it still had 13 seconds left, can I get it to return the value 13?I need this in order to make it move to the next song properly even after someone uses the Pause and Play button.Thanks!