Disable Controls On The Page.

shadowayex

Hello. I have a form that opens up on a new page, and on this new page I don't want users to be able the navigate on it. I just want them to be able to look at it then close it. So, I want the Back, Forward, Stop, and Refresh buttons gone, the File, Edit, View, etc. menus gone, and the address bar locked (or completely gone as well, whichever is easier).Basically, like I said, the only thing I want the user to be able to do is use the page and close the page, not navigation to other places from the page. How do I do that?

Maybe you can simply redirect them from that page to some other page that wouldn't have problems if they navigated away.In Javascript, you're hardly allowed to take control away from the user, since it could be used in malicious programs.

Maybe you can simply redirect them from that page to some other page that wouldn't have problems if they navigated away.In Javascript, you're hardly allowed to take control away from the user, since it could be used in malicious programs.
I figured out a way to do it. I have an onunload event that calls window.close() that will work. The only annoying part is if they refresh the page it will close. So I have to find a way to stop that from happening or just warn the users of it.

Hello. I have a form that opens up on a new page, and on this new page I don't want users to be able the navigate on it. I just want them to be able to look at it then close it. So, I want the Back, Forward, Stop, and Refresh buttons gone, the File, Edit, View, etc. menus gone, and the address bar locked (or completely gone as well, whichever is easier).Basically, like I said, the only thing I want the user to be able to do is use the page and close the page, not navigation to other places from the page. How do I do that?
use popup window to show the page, with no toolbar and menu bar and put a close button.

Archived