Command For Line Number, Filename, Traceback

Guest cfican

Guest cfican

Is there a function in php that will allow me to look at the function call stack, line numbers, file names, etc?? TIA

PHP is a very high-level language, you don't have access to it's implementation of the call stack, if it has one. (Why worry anyway? PHP is single-threaded.)You can read a directoy using glob(). I don't know what "line number" function you are looking for. I don't think there is a traceback function in PHP, the best you can probably get without a custom system-level implementation is the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] index.

Guest cfican

I probably misstated my question. I am making changes to an inherited large php program, and I can’t find out where a particular function is called from. When php gives and error, it provides the file name and the line number where the error occurs. I would like to get that same information in a few lines of code added to a function to be able to trace what line, file, called the function. I thought I have seen that in php, outside the error handling function.

Pseudo code Function actup() {  Array call_stack =  called_by();

The __FILE__ and __LINE__ constants will hold whatever file and line number they appear on. The __FUNCTION__ and __CLASS__ constants hold the function and class name. Unfortunately, these aren't very useful for a debugging or logging function because they will all point to the debug function as the location. I don't think there's a way for a function to get information about where it was called from, other than the backtrace.

Archived