Paypal Ipn And Return Files

son

I am working on site that has PayPal payment facilities. Now, another signup form has been set up for users from other countries which is only slightly different to the normal signup form. The first bit of registration is working fine (all values inserted correctly into db), but am not sure about the PayPal bit. As far as I know for one domain there can be only one ipn and return file (please correct me if I am wrong). In ipn file there is a bit which checks that price paid is correct price as in database. Is this the only place where I have to change things? Or would I need to create a new return and ipn file as price calculation is completely different? Is this possible?Does anyone have knowledge of PayPal integration? Many thanks,Son

I've worked with IPN, but I don't understand your question. PayPal sends a certain set of data to the IPN page. It's up to you how to process that data.
Sorry, am a bit ignorant as I have not done this thing before. What you are saying is that one domain can send data from two different forms which calculate subscription prices in different manner. YOu only have to make sure that you have the logic in IPN to check the right price? This means that I would have to build a check that says something that if column 'formA' is empty in database, the calculate price like this. If it has a value, then do it this way? There is nothing else I would need to set for the new subscription form, so it does not mess up the existing form?Son

What you are saying is that one domain can send data from two different forms which calculate subscription prices in different manner.
What? I didn't say anything like that. I said that PayPal sends your IPN page a certain set of data, whatever data PayPal sends to IPN. Your page gets that data and processes it however you need to process it, you can check prices, reduce inventory, whatever you need to do. That's all there is to it. All you need to do is figure out what data you get from PayPal and what your site needs to do with it, for whatever your needs are.

What? I didn't say anything like that. I said that PayPal sends your IPN page a certain set of data, whatever data PayPal sends to IPN. Your page gets that data and processes it however you need to process it, you can check prices, reduce inventory, whatever you need to do. That's all there is to it. All you need to do is figure out what data you get from PayPal and what your site needs to do with it, for whatever your needs are.
Just one more question (as this is the important one): So one IPN page per www.domain.co.uk? Only that I need to make sure that this page does the right thing for all cases?Son

Yeah, it's probably best to have one IPN page, to keep it simplified. The key is just understanding the data that PayPal sends to the page.
That is a good pointer in right direction. Will look into the possible differences and try to use the right logic to accomodate.Thanks,Son

Archived