Paypal Sandbox

son

Just a general question: I have almost finalised a payment integration with PayPal and have setup the sandbox testing environment to do a trial run. Seems to come in fine, but am not sure about the ipn simulator. Have selected eCheck and data came in PayPal log table in as:id user_id txn_date paypal_email msg paypal_txn_id paypal_status paypal_txn_type paypal_amount valid76 0 1242329348 buyer@paypalsandbox.com The transaction was not valid. 395141928 Completed web_accept 12.34 0The price depends on what the user selected when registering, so not sure if I could also test somehow for this? This test run shows the ipn is working in general, but cannot check if my logic for comparing price a user paid with my own routines is correct.Son

You need to save the user's shopping cart before sending them to PayPal, ideally you would also send PayPal your own transaction ID that they send back so that you know which transaction to check.

You need to save the user's shopping cart before sending them to PayPal, ideally you would also send PayPal your own transaction ID that they send back so that you know which transaction to check.
I have done this. The user data and price they have to pay is entered ok in database before they go to PayPal. Only that after they have gone through payment, PayPal reports back to ipn page where a check is made what they paid with PayPal against what they should have paid. If a certain field is checked in database, then the price is this. If not, then it is that. Then a count of rows in another table is made and price increased if necessary (each row costs more). Last price check is a discount which can reduce price. I could check with Sanbox all ok other than the real entries in my PayPal table. The ipn simulator cannot simulate what I am after as far as I can see...Son

Archived