Linking Documents To Sql Based Application...

jdeneca

We currently have a SQL based application that we are in the middle of production with and testing the new application. It is to replace a current application that we are using that links PDF documents from an internal server on it to the application. When we change to the new SQL based application, the PDF documents will have to be relinked and they are revisiting how they should have this situation handled. The new application will not house quality images on these pages should it be kept as is. The question is this; how can we link PDF documents into a SQL based application and keep everything the same and not setup links to these documents that are on the internal server? Is there a way that we can setup some type of reporting method or form that shows exactly what the PDF document would show?I am sure that I completely lost everyone that reads this in my explanation.

You can't extract the information from the documents. You need to either store filenames in the database to use to link to the documents, or store the binary data of each file instead and have a script that gets the data from the database and sends it to the browser as a PDF file.

Archived