Commands?

jalengc

On your mainframe?You need to determine what command line options your chosen virus scanner has available to use. There's not like a universal set of commands that work on all computers regardless of OS and installed software, mainframes or otherwise.

Oops... Sorry I had a dumbass moment. I'm trying to help my friend out and his computer pings to google and wherever the ###### he wants but the internet will not work and it says his internet connection is active. The compant says it works, his modem says it works, butthe omputer does not. There's popups all around, and I was wondering which folder I would look in if there were a worm and or trojan because those are the ones I know of that are usually the cause of such problems.

You can't really identify those things just by looking at files. You may be able to look inside windows\system32 and see a lot of randomly-named files that shouldn't be there, but you typically can't remove an infection just by deleting files. They install themselves in several different places and many are designed to reinstall things that got deleted. If the computer doesn't already have a virus scanner on it, you'll want to download one (on another computer if necessary) and also make sure to download whatever updates there are so that you can install the updates after installing the scanner without needing to go online again. If the computer doesn't have a virus scanner already I would recommend downloading this one:http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download.phpIf it does have a virus scanner, you will need to uninstall it before installing any other scanner, most of them don't work together.For what it's worth, when I see a computer that has so many infections that they break the network connection, it usually ends up taking me several days to get everything removed. You can find help to identify and remove the infections here:http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanupMake sure to follow the instructions they tell you to.

Archived