Hello- Ideas Where To Go Next

jdog1089

Hello, I was wondering where should I go next. I know HTML and CSS, but after that I didn't know where to go next. I have dipped a little in make a very basic flash website, and have done one tutorial for PHP.So I was wondering where should go from knowing css and html.Thank you,Jdog

Can you give me a little depth in to why you say Java Script, sorry, I just want to make sure before I start putting in the countless hours. Once I put some thing to mind, I want it, in tel I got it down.

JavaScript will allow you to do some nice, fancy looking things with your site, and give you a pretty gentle intro to programming techniques before moving on to PHP or some other server side scripting, which is more complicated and a little more footery to test. There are hundreds of uses for JS and you will learn or figure out loads of work-arounds to make nice menus or whatever that CSS can't quite manage on its own, or to detect things like screen width and so on. You can create a lot of interactivity with JS.

Just learn all of JavaScript - it can come in useful in so many ways.Otherwise, you can learn PHP, or another server-side language :)

Archived