Different Certifications

JonathanLee

Yeah, I know, "portfolios are best"...yada yada... but I'm wondering, what are the best free certification exams for different languages? HTML, PHP, JavaScript, Java, Flash...what are the best certifications, online or off, for web languages in general? I'm looking to get a wall full of good certificates. Like, from community colleges for example, do they have courses that include:(X)HTMLCSS.NETASPPerlJavaJavaScriptPHPFlashXMLSQLPhotoshopAJAXDHTMLIf anyone knows some good online/community college courses for these, please tell me.Thanks!

have you tried looking at schools in your area to see what they offer for courses or certifications?

If you can get a computer science degree, it will outweigh all other kinds of certifications by a lot.Out of those certifications, the ones that will probably be most helpful are Java, PHP, .NET and ASP.Things like Photoshop and Flash don't give you a lot because there are one-week courses that teach those things to anybody, unless you can prove you can actually do programming. (If you want to be considered any use in Flash you'll have to learn ActionScript 3.0 and actual object oriented programming)Saying you have a certification in AJAX isn't very useful, since all you would be showing is that you didn't know AJAX was actually just an application of Javascript. DHTML was the use of Javascript to make HTML pages more dynamic back in the 90s, these days that word doesn't mean much.

Archived