Javascript Not Showing All The Objects

toreachdeepak

Hi,I have a javascript functionfunction dist2(value1,value2){ var des = "description"; for(m=value1;m<value2;m++) { document.write(document.getElementById(des+m)+"<BR>"); } return false;}The id's of the text area are built as given below==================================for($i=0;$i<5;$i++) {<textarea rows="3" cols="35" id="<?php echo 'description'.$i?>"name="<?php echo 'description'.$i?>"></textarea>}The dist2 javascript function is called as given below======================================<input type="submit" name="save" onClick="if(dist2(0,5) == false) return false; else return true;"value="Save/Add More">I am getting the following reply====================[object HTML TextArea Element]nullnullnullnull

When you use document.write() AFTER a page has loaded, it destroys the current document and creates a new one. So this function is able to access the first textarea, but after it uses document.write() the first time, the other textareas no longer exist.If you don't want to use alert() to report a bunch of data, you can change the innerHTML of some page element that exists just for this purpose. Or in this case, you could write the information to the value property of one of your textareas.

Archived