Frames, Framesets And Borders! (html)

ravenshade

This has been bugging me for a while. This is my current code, comments have been exchanged multiple times.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd"><html>	<head>	<title>metaframe</title>	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" >	</head>	<!--End Header-->	<!--Begin Content-->			<!--Begin Frames-->		<frameset  rows="150px,*"><!--border="0" frameborder="0"--> <!--framespacing="0"-->		<frame class="frameCSS" src="banner.html" noresize="noresize" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">			<frameset  cols="165px,*,150px" > <!--border="0" frameborder="0" framespacing="0"-->				<frame class="frameCSS" src="leftFrame.html" noresize="noresize" name="leftFrame" frameborder="0">				<frame class="frameCSS" src="mainFrame.html" noresize="noresize" name="mainFrame" frameborder="0">				<frame class="frameCSS" src="rightFrame.html" noresize="noresize" name="rightFrame" frameborder="0">						</frameset>			<noframes>			<body>				<h1>Unfortunately your browser does not allow frames. Please consider installing Firefox 3</h1>			</body>		</noframes>		</frameset>		</html>

The tag <frameset> recognizes in every browser, the "frameborder" attribute, however W3C does not it seems. The tag <frame> also recognizes in every browser the "frameborder" attribute and so does W3C. However, I get different results in both. Testing with Firefox primarily, when I validate it through W3C and put the frameborder attribute in the <frame> tag, I'm left with white strips all over the place, however, when I put the frameborderattribute in the <frameset> tag, all borders are removed and I'm left with no white lines just a seamless website. How do I get this validated by w3c and why isn't it allowed?CSS doesn't solve the problem...I've checked.

I am aware of that, but it still works. Go and test it yourself. The frameborder attribute does not work as well in <frame> as it does in <frameset>. The thing is I not only want to remove the frames, but I want to remove the white line that leave behind when used in the <frame> tag. So how do I achieve the same results?

Archived