Ie Frameset Post Request

justsomeguy

I seem to have ran into a strange bug and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about it.When I have a Flash movie that's inside a frame or an iframe, and inside the Flash movie I send a request using POST, in IE it leaves out the Content-Type header. The result is that the request body doesn't get decoded and there is no data in post. This is only in IE, and only happens when the Flash movie is inside a frame. Using Fiddler, I was able to see that the request does actually include all of the post data, but the only difference between the request from inside the frame and the request from a standalone page is that the frame request lacks the content-type header. Both of these techniques are giving the same results in both situations:

var export_movie = this.createEmptyMovieClip("export_mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());	export_movie.l = l;	export_movie.data = data;	export_movie.getURL("export_rtf.asp", "_blank", "POST");			var export_lv = new LoadVars();	export_lv.l = l;	export_lv.data = data;	export_lv.contentType = 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded';	export_lv.send("export_rtf.asp", "_blank", "POST");

So I'm trying to send variables called "l" and "data" to an ASP page, and with LoadVars I even specify the content type, but there's still no header in IE from the frame.Has anyone seen this before?Here are the headers from a request from inside the frame:

Cache-Control: no-cache Connection: Keep-Alive Content-Length: 329 Accept: */* Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Accept-Language: en-us Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDACQDRDBD=OFCCLHIDJNOJGCOHGBHPLENA Host: www.domain.com User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; MS-RTC LM 8)

Notice how the content-length indicates that there is in fact content, but there's no content type.

Archived