Fgets () Problem

es131245

I want to use txt ip ban list but my code doent work here it is$ip=getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");if ($ip !="::1"){$open_ban_list=fopen("ban_list.txt","r") or die("Cant open <i>BAN LIST</i>");while (! feof($open_ban_list)){$banned_ips=fgets($open_ban_list,1024);if ($ip == $banned_ips) {die ("you $ip is banned");}echo $banned_ips;}fclose($open_ban_list);$access_log_open=fopen("log.txt",a) or die("Cant open <i>ACCESS LOGS</i>");fwrite($access_log_open,date("H:i").date(":s")." ".date("j/n/Y")." ".$ip."\n");fclose($access_log_open);}?>All I get is echo $banned_ips;but die ("you $ip is banned"); doent "die"

First, I don't think that REMOTE_ADDR is an environment variable. Have you printed $ip to verify it contains the right data? You should probably get that from $_SERVER instead.Second, you're comparing the IP with the entire contents of the text file. That's only going to work if the text file contains a single IP. I don't know how you're saving IPs in the file, but you need to break up the list of IPs and compare each one with the IP you're testing against.

ive usedecho $banned_ips;for comparing and it echoed fine but its still doent work and i think ive tryed $_SERVERbut i got long banned ip list... now ive deleted ip banners cuz its realy alot of people doent have current ip...

Archived