Browser Language Detection And Site Translating

es131245

What do think about this suggestion for multi lang site with en as default option?$browser_lang=$_SERVER("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE");$browder_lang=preg_replace("/*ru*/","ru",$browser_lang);$browder_lang=preg_replace("/*en*/","en",$browser_lang);switch ($browder_lang)case ru:$hello_world="Привет Мир!";$access_log_open_die="Невозможно открыть <i>ACCESS LOG</i>";break;// case en:// $hello_world="Hello World!";// $access_log_open_die="Cant open <i>ACCESS LOG</i>";// break;default:$hello_world="Hello World!";$access_log_open_die="Cant open <i>ACCESS LOG</i>";break;

I think that you should spell the variables the same way each time. It will be more efficient to have all of your text strings in a file and include the appropriate file for the language. It will probably also be better to store all of the text in an array instead of individual variables so that you don't have problems with variables getting overwritten.

1 About what variables are we talking about?2 If you are about /*ru*/ & /*en*/ so its because every browser replays differently on $_SERVER("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE") for example Primary Language id: ru-ru User Agent: Opera Full Version Info: 9.60 Primary Language id: ru Mozilla/ Firefox 3.0.10 Just tested myself on: http://techpatterns.com/downloads/php_language_detection.php3 Im not good at array maybe ill change it today after some reading or just show me plz4 Here is a more capable way$browser_lang=$_SERVER("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE");$browder_lang=preg_replace("/*ru*/","ru",$browser_lang);$browder_lang=preg_replace("/*en*/","en",$browser_lang);switch ($browder_lang){case ru:include "./langs/ru.php";break;default:include "./langs/en.php";break;}

1 About what variables are we talking about?
$browser_lang=$_SERVER("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE");$browder_lang=preg_replace("/*ru*/","ru",$browser_lang);$browder_lang=preg_replace("/*en*/","en",$browser_lang);switch ($browder_lang)
4 Here is a more capable way
Right, that's how you can include the files. The contents of each file should be the language array for that language. e.g.:
<?php$lang = array();$lang['hello_world']="Привет Мир!";$lang['access_log_open_die']="Невозможно открыть <i>ACCESS LOG</i>";?>

<?php$lang = array(  'hello_world' => 'Hello World!',  'access_log_open_die' => "Cant open <i>ACCESS LOG</i>");?>

Now im using $browser_language=getenv("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE");$browder_lang=preg_match("/*ru*|*en*/",$browser_language,$browser_lang);include("..langs/".$browser_lang.".php");but whats better for en.phparray or a list of $vars????

Now im using $browser_language=getenv("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE");$browder_lang=preg_match("/*ru*|*en*/",$browser_language,$browser_lang);include("..langs/".$browser_lang.".php");but whats better for en.phparray or a list of $vars????
An array, because you'll have just one variable containing the text data. One variable - less possible naming conflicts when you need to do other things. Besides, an array is supposed to hold variables with the same kind of purpose, and in this case, the same kind of purpose is text to be outputted, so it's reasonable to use an array.Whether you'll use the form
$lang = array(...);

or

$lang = array();$lang[...] = ...;

is irrelevant, as the end result is the same (an array). Use whichever you prefer.

Archived