Installing And Configuring Xdebug And Webgrind

madsovenielsen

Hey all.Im using wamp. on xp. and now i want to install and use xdebug and webgrind.but im having a very hard time making it work. i have been on the xdebug site, but the installation/configuring instructions is very vague. I have added the following to my php.ini filezend_extension_ts="c:/wamp/bin/php/ext/php_xdebug-2.0.4-5.2.8.dll"xdebug.remote_enable=1xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1xdebug.remote_port=9000xdebug.remote_handler=dbgpand restarted WAMP. but i have no entries in phpinfo() for xdebug. any help or thoughts on it is deeply appreciated./mads

I cant help you with XP but what ive did...Ive installed Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Linux + Lamp Server (installs very easy)A good suggestion and very reliable and stable OS and for desktop and for serverIf you deside to try it i can help you here...

Check the error settings in php.ini, make sure all errors are being reported, that errors are either being displayed or are going to an error log, and that startup errors are enabled.
All errors are being reported and logged.

Yes. i missed that one. here is my error log.===============================================================================[18-Jun-2009 16:56:54] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function php() in C:\wamp\www\php\index.php on line 10[19-Jun-2009 12:00:28] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php on line 28[19-Jun-2009 12:00:28] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not open / for reading.' in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php:49Stack trace:#0 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\FileHandler.php(171): Webgrind_Preprocessor::parse('/', 'C:\WINNT\Temp/....')#1 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php(30): Webgrind_FileHandler->getTraceReader(NULL, 'percent')#2 {main} thrown in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php on line 49[19-Jun-2009 12:29:18] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php on line 28[19-Jun-2009 12:29:18] PHP Stack trace:[19-Jun-2009 12:29:18] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php:0[19-Jun-2009 12:29:18] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not open / for reading.' in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php:49Stack trace:#0 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\FileHandler.php(171): Webgrind_Preprocessor::parse('/', 'C:\WINNT\Temp/....')#1 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php(30): Webgrind_FileHandler->getTraceReader(NULL, 'percent')#2 {main} thrown in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php on line 49===============================================================================

It looks like there's a webgrind error. I'm not sure what that does or what it's trying to open, but it looks like there's a fatal error in the preprocessor somewhere.[19-Jun-2009 12:29:18] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not open / for reading.' in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php:49Stack trace:#0 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\FileHandler.php(171): Webgrind_Preprocessor::parse('/', 'C:\WINNT\Temp/....')#1 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php(30): Webgrind_FileHandler->getTraceReader(NULL, 'percent')#2 {main} thrown in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php on line 49

It looks like there's a webgrind error. I'm not sure what that does or what it's trying to open, but it looks like there's a fatal error in the preprocessor somewhere.[19-Jun-2009 12:29:18] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not open / for reading.' in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php:49Stack trace:#0 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\FileHandler.php(171): Webgrind_Preprocessor::parse('/', 'C:\WINNT\Temp/....')#1 C:\wamp\www\webgrind\index.php(30): Webgrind_FileHandler->getTraceReader(NULL, 'percent')#2 {main} thrown in C:\wamp\www\webgrind\library\Preprocessor.php on line 49
Im 99.9% sure its because xdebug isent installed/configured properly. but i have no idea how to do that. the info is very scarce

Make sure the web server has read permissions on c:\winnt\temp. It should already, but double-check.
Okay. but i dont get any xdebug errors, and theres no entry for xdebug when i run phpinfo(); or at the CLI with "php -i"

I don't think that's in httpd.conf, but I don't really have any experience with Apache on Windows. I usually just right-click on the folder in question, go to Security, and the user account that IIS uses is called IUSR_<computer name>. I assume that Apache runs under the same user account. That user account needs the permission on the folder.

I don't think that's in httpd.conf, but I don't really have any experience with Apache on Windows. I usually just right-click on the folder in question, go to Security, and the user account that IIS uses is called IUSR_<computer name>. I assume that Apache runs under the same user account. That user account needs the permission on the folder.
Okay ill check that out. are you using php on IIS ??/mads

Archived