Entire Login Script Before The <html> Tags?

MrFish

I attempted to put an entire login script before the <html>. Since you have to set cookies before the html begins I thought, might as well just do the whole thing before the html tags! (like searching the mysql database and stuff). Will this work? What happens when you put things before the html tags? I know I put javascript before them once and it worked fine.

By the way, you can't access cookies anywhere on the same script they are created in. The page has to be reloaded at least once.

Sure works but there will be alot things to keep track on. I prefer to include php files with functions or statment where they are needed and I can add them as many times I want so I don't need too write my code twice.Any how if you are going to have all php codes over the html I strongly recommend too make a include so you get the html separated from the php, just like you separate the css. Some php codes still needs to be on the main page like "session_start();" :)

You can actually include the file with the session_start() call - I do it all the time. In PHP, including a page is equivalent to copying all its code and pasting it where the include statement is.

You can actually include the file with the session_start() call - I do it all the time. In PHP, including a page is equivalent to copying all its code and pasting it where the include statement is.
I didn't know I thought if you wanted a session_start it needed to be the first line :) Good to know I can add it to my includes :)

Archived