Enable/Disable Form Elements Question

kwilliams

I'm using JavaScript set the disable property on a textbox if a checkbox is selected, like this:<input type="checkbox" name="cbquestion1" id="cbquestion1" onclick="java script:document.form1.txtanswer1.disabled=false">What is the name of your favorite pet?</input><input type="text" id="txtanswer1" name="txtanswer1" value="" size="20" maxlength="20" disabled="true" />It works great, but now I'd like to add a behavior will basically do the opposite so that if the checkbox is then de-selected after initially being selected, it will re-disable the textbox. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

I've ammended the code slightly but it does what you want

<head><script>function check(){  var val=document.getElementById('cbquestion1').checked   if(val==true)document.getElementById('txtanswer1').disabled = false;    else document.getElementById('txtanswer1').disabled = true;}</script></head><body><input onclick="check()" type="checkbox" name="cbquestion1" id="cbquestion1" />What is the name of your favorite pet?<input type="text" id="txtanswer1" name="txtanswer1" value="" size="20" maxlength="20" disabled="disabled" /></body>