How To Search For A String In Every Folder And File?

Jamesking56

I need to search for a string in ALL PHP files and in other folders too, in the actual code, How can I do this is PHP?Like this:1.php2.phpfolder1 - 1.php - folder2 -- 2.phpsearcher.phpHow can I search all PHP files for a certain code, and the script to tell me which file its in and where?

Try to modify this script if you want (I put it together a while ago). Maybe change the base directory, and have it make sure the file is a .php one. This also searches the name of the file...Also, I would suggest you use sessions to some how require a password so people can't spam your server.It searches all of the sub folders and files for the query string:

<?php$searchterm = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] != '' ? $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : 'default';$base_dir = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];$dir = $base_dir.'/';$file = scandir($dir);$folders[0] = 'null';foreach($file as $key => $name)  if(count($found) < 101 && $name != '.' && $name != '..')	if(is_dir($dir.$name))	  array_push($folders,$dir.$name);	else	  if(strpos(file_get_contents($dir.$name),$searchterm) !== false || strpos($name,$searchterm) !== false)		echo $dir.$name.' <- Found Search Term<br>';while(count($folders) > 1)foreach($folders as $key22 => $name22){  if($name22 != 'null' && $name22 != '')  {	$file = scandir($name22);	foreach($file as $key => $name)	  if(count($found) < 101 && $name != '.' && $name != '..')		if(is_dir($name22.'/'.$name))		  array_push($folders,$name22.'/'.$name);		else		  if(strpos(file_get_contents($name22.'/'.$name),$searchterm) !== false || strpos($name,$searchterm) !== false)			echo $name22.'/'.$name.' <- Found Search Term<br>';  }  unset($folders[$key22]);}?>

Archived