Newbie: Creating A Site With Many Pages

vetmed

I am very new to all this and am wondering how to go about making a site with many pages. For example, if I sell watches and I have 1000 watches in my inventory and want each watch to have an individual page with a big picture and description, do I have to manually make all those pages, or is there a trick? Or if I have in my navigation browse by price, 0-50, 50-100, 100-200 etc. It just seems like that would take years. I know, stupid question but, I would love to be enlightened. Thanks for any help!

That is where databases and server-side languages come into play. A database is where you hold all of the data about your inventory, and the server-side language reads the data from the database and displays it on the page. You would only have 1 page to show the product details where it would get the ID of the product, look up the details in the database, and display everything on the page.

That is where databases and server-side languages come into play. A database is where you hold all of the data about your inventory, and the server-side language reads the data from the database and displays it on the page. You would only have 1 page to show the product details where it would get the ID of the product, look up the details in the database, and display everything on the page.
Thank you! That makes sense.

Archived