Pear? Sending Email With Mail() Using Different Smtp

djp1988

Well, yes. Most receiving mail servers append a Received: header to the email messages, stating which server they received it from. If this doesn't match the domain stated in the From: field, then many mail clients interpret this to mean the From: field has been maliciously spoofed with the intention of making an email look legitimate (e.g. from @bank.com instead of @dodgy-domain.com), and spam it.The only solution is to actually use the mail server on your domain.

... or rather, the SMTP server where your email is resided. e.g. if your mailbox is at hotmail, use the hotmail SMTP, if it's at GMail, use the GMail SMTP, etc. Whether you are allowed to connect to remote SMTP servers is another question, to which GoDaddy appear to answer with "no".

I guess my plan isn't going to work then, even if i can connect to my orange smtp, i still wanted my email notifications to send with the contact@mydomain.com email...Why would I be limited to 1000 and is this a daily limit do you think... maybe it'll be okay, for the moment... but I have my godaddy plan to host multiple sites, and i have multiple community websites, maybe it's time to look for some new hosting plan? maybe even a virtual server?

I asked godaddy and got this quite pointless response to my question
It looks pretty clear to me..If you are using a script ... that nеed to ѕеnd еmаils оut, you must sреcify the following server...If you "must" use a certain server, then yeah, they block outgoing SMTP traffic.
when I got the godaddy plan they never say what you don't get !
Of course not. Did you expect them to tell you why a lot of people don't like hosting their sites with them? GoDaddy is notorious for being a heavy-handed, restrictive host. It's up to you to do the research before you buy, they aren't going to do the research for you. There are several web host review sites online, and you can also check nodaddy.com (for what it's worth, I've got a dedicated server sending out 1000 emails per minute, if necessary).

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I think I've found a solution, please let me know what you think, okay, I have a friend who has his own server and I thought, if I placed my zend files and my script on his server, which should alow for using external smtp relay, I could call my script on his server from my server, passing a message and an address to send to, and his server would send the email, Would this work? I think so, but how could I get the server to execute my script ? I can't just include it?Maybe I could just use fopen() to send some get info, this way the external server wold execute the script and I'd get the outputted file, I could write ok or fail and in my local scripts act upon that result?

Archived