Adding Some Bb Codes

dzhax

Me and my brother are working on a kinda basic forum system for a website we might be launching. I personally do not like using forum systems made by other companies (vBulletin,PhpBB,etc.) so we are making are own.My problem lies in adding some of the more advanced BB Codes.We already have {size=}{/size} {color=]{/color} {b}{/b} {i}{/i} {u}{/u} {center}{/center} ... { being [ and } being ] obviouslyThey all work fine, but we would like to add some of these:

Anyone have any idea how to do this, or know of any links to help us with this?I tried searching the forums "BB Codes" but some weird warning came up saying my search must be more than 3 characters or something, kinda weird but anyways any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest FirefoxRocks

Why can't you use {code}, {quote} and {font}? The only one you need square brackets for is probably because it's Photobucket friendly.

Why can't you use {code}, {quote} and {font}? The only one you need square brackets for is probably because it's Photobucket friendly.
Im adding them in myself we developed our own forum software. I just wanted to know if anyone has also made BB codes like this so I know where to start.

Well if you can do {b} {i} and {u}, I can't see why you can't do {code}, {quote} and {font}.
Cuz I dont know how to make the boxes show up so type in them like the scroll bars and stuff. not like this sites code box. This one needs to have scroll bar to cut down on post size.

Archived