What Do You Guys Think?

gmali90

Would You hire me?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Based on this website, would you consider hiring me?

• Maybe, but I need know how your salary/price range
    • Maybe, but I need to see more of your work
    • er...no... I rather look for someone else
    • no way!
    • yes/sure

Hi guys,I have uploaded my site now, for full time employment purposes (not so much freelance right now)Well, I will be putting more samples in the portfolio section soon, but meanwhile, I would like to get your feedback on this.This Website is for potential employers looking for Front End Web Developers with some designing, and programming skills. Give me your thoughts on this website. pros/cons whatever.the link is: Gaurav MaliThanks guys.

I'll offer my quick two cents...For a site's who's stated purpose is not for freelance but for full-time employment, the content doesn't coincide with the objective. If I were you, I'd make my homepage a copy of my formal resume, have my about me section reflect my work ethics, beliefs, and/or methodologies. I'd add/solicit testimonials and/or offer some case studies (here is situation and here is how you resolved it for the client). As it is now, the site comes off more as a freelance marketing tool.As for the design, its not bad, but the white on black makes difficult to read/follow and (for some) impossible to print or copy-n-paste. The way your twitter posts are brought in is a little bulky and blends a little too much with the rest of the design - it doesn't stand out or seem to be very distinctly separated.

I'll offer my quick two cents...For a site's who's stated purpose is not for freelance but for full-time employment, the content doesn't coincide with the objective. If I were you, I'd make my homepage a copy of my formal resume, have my about me section reflect my work ethics, beliefs, and/or methodologies. I'd add/solicit testimonials and/or offer some case studies (here is situation and here is how you resolved it for the client). As it is now, the site comes off more as a freelance marketing tool.As for the design, its not bad, but the white on black makes difficult to read/follow and (for some) impossible to print or copy-n-paste. The way your twitter posts are brought in is a little bulky and blends a little too much with the rest of the design - it doesn't stand out or seem to be very distinctly separated.
hey thanks! I will take your advice in strong consideration!

Hey it's you again! :)Try cutting down on all the different fonts / point sizes you have.

What's more important? The information, or the twitter posts?My eye's immediately went to the twitter posts.As skemcin said, separate it, and maybe smaller text?More spacing!I think the larger the text, the more space you want. (List just before the bottom of page)And the top of your footer feels a little close, and separate the links as well.

Overall, okay. I like the choice of subdued colors. A lot of it is pretty big, though. You know they say when you use ALL CAPS it looks like you're yelling? I feel the same about font sizes, as well. Also, I was checking some of your portfolio sites. For instance, your logo, as well as the FirstChoice Group site's logo has a lot of jpg artifacts. And the Shruti's bg has a really grainy appearance. Keep in mind that most people have broadband now, and you can design for that. Your thumbnails needn't be that big, either. Lure them in with a smaller thumbnail of the whole page.Finally, I think you can fit your whole home page without scrollbars. Not bad for a first go.Adam

• 2 months later...

Archived