How to place editable text box inside HTML table??

Bhushan

Hi All,I am populating datagrid from my database. I have 3 columns in my datagrid. First is editableCommandColumn, second is my primary key field column and third one is description column.Description contains 3 fields. So I have made use of template column and have used html table to place those 3 fields in 3 rows.But this field should be editable when I click the edit button. But hw can i make use of EditItemTemplate in table?..I tried to place this iside but gives error.Please see the below piece of code.<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="GIMS Details"> <ItemTemplate> <table border="1" width="450"> <tr> <td width="18%"> Description </td> <td> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Description")%> </td> </tr> </ItemTemplate></asp:TemplateColumn>Hoe can i make this field editable by placing a text box with mode="multiline". Please let me know.

Hi,If I were to have only 1 field for description i wouldn't have used HTML table. Since I have 3 fields , I am using html table so that i could format them accordingly. I think we cannot place EditableItemTemplate inside <td> ?? (donn know)..It's not giving any error Justin. It's just replacing everything ( every <td> value ) by textbox when I place like below.<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="GIMS Details"><ItemTemplate><table border="1" width="450"><tr><td width="18%">Description </td><td><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Description")%></td></tr></ItemTemplate><EditItemTemplate><asp:TextBox id="txt" runat="server" Mode="Multiline"/></EditItemTemplate></asp:TemplateColumn>I am not getting where exactly to place this EditItemColumn so that I can have this textbox available for editing in the right place and with other firleds visible.ThnxBhushan.

what is the error? Can you post your codebehind as well.