Reverse Engineering Script

Guest paulishere

Guest paulishere

Hello All,I recently purchased a "ready made" script believing it had everything I needed to get my site up and running. I found that it needs a lot of work and the company that I purchased the program from has been less than helpful. I am not a programmer. I purchased books on html, MySQL, CSS, Javascript, etc. so that I can understand the script I purchased and then be able to modify it. Of course, I am also using the W3Schools tutorials. I have found that the program is a whole bunch of linking files. I can spend hours trying to decipher where 1 line of script comes from. My question is if there is a program that I can use that can map out (reverse engineer) my program where I can see all the links? My problem is that if I want to change one line of script I can't find the file it comes from. I hope this makes sense.Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.Paul

Well, if you can attach the files so we can see them, we can provide more help - it may be something that doesn't seem as complex to the more experienced ones around here. I'm not ont of those, though I know a bit. As for software that can map it all out, I don't know.

Archived