A Quiz Contest

googlemaniac

hi i would like to build a website with the following spacifications. 50 webpages,say numbered 1 to 50. each page has a question written in it which has one answer. suppose a registered user is at page 1.Only the right answer to q1 in page 1 would direct him to page 2.And he is awarded 1 point. similarly,only and when he answers q2,he should be directed to q3 and so on.. users should be allowed to register for this contest and login to their respective pages. also,the points tally should be shown in a different page. I am a newbie,I have no idea how make this possible,and i hope i am clear.

Check this topic, look at the information about form processing:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=12509There's a post in there about registering users too, that should help. There's also a PHP forms section on w3schools you should go over, and check out the PHP database parts, you'll need to store all of the data in a database (or you can use text files instead if you want to make it a little more difficult on yourself).I will say that if you require the correct answer in order to advance, eventually everyone is going to get everything right. It might be better from a contest point of view if you let them answer all 50 and then tell them what their score was without saying what they got right and wrong. If you're trying to teach, then you should at least tell them what they missed.

Archived