Mkdir

i am java

mkdir("/home/public_html/upload/".$gal[g_id], 0777);

Anyone know why when I use this code, the directory that is made not only doesn't set permissions to 0777, but it also won't allow me to change it to 0777 manually?Edit: OK, so, I used chmod to change its permissions. It worked. Unfortunately, I still can't use move_uploaded_file() to move files into the directory..

I thought file permissions were only 3 digits, i.e. 777Edit: I'm wrong. There is something about the function not working right in windows if there are spaces in the filenames tho, I don't know if that's applicable here

I thought file permissions were only 3 digits, i.e. 777Edit: I'm wrong. There is something about the function not working right in windows if there are spaces in the filenames tho, I don't know if that's applicable here
It's a Linux server. I think it may have something to do with the safe mode that my host uses or something.Oh, and I am just curious: Do PHP errors display on the pages, or was there a change in cPanel or PHP that made it so that you can only view PHP errors in an error log?

[Wed Sep 23 14:09:54 2009][Wed Sep 23 14:09:54 2009] [error] [client 68.205.137.212] PHP Warning:  move_uploaded_file() [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: Unable to move '/tmp/php40K2ey' to '/upload/35/ignore.bmp' in /home/jasenand/public_html/member_gallery.php on line 433,  [error] [client 68.205.137.212] PHP Warning:  move_uploaded_file(/upload/35/ignore.bmp) [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jasenand/public_html/member_gallery.php on line 433, referer:

That's the two error messages I get when trying to upload a file into there using PHP/HTML.

Do PHP errors display on the pages, or was there a change in cPanel or PHP that made it so that you can only view PHP errors in an error log?
There are several PHP options for which errors to report and where to report them.Does this server have safe mode enabled?

Archived