Can't Get My Site To Work In Ssl

creacon

I'm using Yahoo as my web host, and, following their ssl help instructions, I moved ALL of my files to the ssl folder. Now, none of the pages that reference my database (MySQL) will work; in fact those pages don't even display anything. I called Yahoo for help, but they tell me that; 1) their tech support doesn't support ssl and, 2) that ssl is not a very good method for security. They said that I need to write custom code, but wouldn't give me a clue about what kind of custom code, and where. Currently, I have a php script that makes the connection to my database, which is included in my login page:

<?php# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"# Type="MYSQL"# HTTP="true"$hostname_login = "mysql";    // This is the name that Yahoo requires - was working fine before I moved all to ssl folder$database_login = "infoondemand";$username_login = "creacontech";  // This is my domain name and username that I set up in Yahoo$password_login = "**********";$login = mysql_pconnect($hostname_login, $username_login, $password_login) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);$_SESSION['MM_login'] = $login;?>

Here's the very first line in my sign-in page:

<?php require_once("connections/login.php') ?>

connections is a folder now within ssl, but at this point I don't know if I'm supposed to change something in that path, or change the names in the login script.I'm in a quandry, because I have pages that use a MySQL database for login security, and to store data collected from forms, so I need my pages/forms to be in a secured site. Would someone please help me to understand this, and to make it work?

Add this to make sure error messages are getting displayed:ini_set('display_errors', 1);error_reporting(E_ALL);If Yahoo isn't willing to help you with SSL, you might just want to go to another host that will. Hostgator.com is a pretty good host, or if you've got some more money to spend you can't really go wrong with getting a dedicated managed server from theplanet.com. The Planet will be more expensive than other hosts because they only sell dedicated servers (no shared hosting), but you're allowed to do literally anything you want with your server and they have a good support staff. We use The Planet to host our dedicated servers for work and we've got the extra support bundle where I can just call them up and tell them what I want installed and they'll set it up for me and make sure the server keeps running (for a fee of course). The last I heard The Planet was the single largest privately-held host, right behind IBM. Hostgator, for example, also gets all of their servers from The Planet. Hostgator will be a lot cheaper if you just want a shared host though, they'll only charge a few dollars per month. I think we're paying around $400/month for our dedicated server with the support package (which works out for us, because we charge each of our customers that we host about $325/month, and we host more than 2 ;)

Add this to make sure error messages are getting displayed:ini_set('display_errors', 1);error_reporting(E_ALL);If Yahoo isn't willing to help you with SSL, you might just want to go to another host that will. Hostgator.com is a pretty good host, or if you've got some more money to spend you can't really go wrong with getting a dedicated managed server from theplanet.com. The Planet will be more expensive than other hosts because they only sell dedicated servers (no shared hosting), but you're allowed to do literally anything you want with your server and they have a good support staff. We use The Planet to host our dedicated servers for work and we've got the extra support bundle where I can just call them up and tell them what I want installed and they'll set it up for me and make sure the server keeps running (for a fee of course). The last I heard The Planet was the single largest privately-held host, right behind IBM. Hostgator, for example, also gets all of their servers from The Planet. Hostgator will be a lot cheaper if you just want a shared host though, they'll only charge a few dollars per month. I think we're paying around $400/month for our dedicated server with the support package (which works out for us, because we charge each of our customers that we host about $325/month, and we host more than 2 :)
Where do I add those two lines of code?? As for changing hosts, thanks for the advice, but it isn't feasible. I'm using Yahoo because the business for whom I'm developing this site is too deeply invested in Yahoo to make a change. Therefore, I kind of have to stay with Yahoo also, so that whatever I build will work on thier site

Add those lines before any other PHP code.
Went there & did that, and now at least I know what the problem is (which is what I suspected), but don't know how to fix it. Here's the error messages I received:
Warning: main(Connections/login.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /ssl/WOTCSignin.php on line 5Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'Connections/login.php' (include_path='.:/include:/usr/lib/php') in /ssl/WOTCSignin.php on line 5

Since the "connections" folder is in the same directory as the page that gave the error (ssl), I was hoping that would work, but it didin't. I suspected that I might need to do something different, but I don't know what the required path is; I don't understand the advice in the error message.OBOY! Pin the wooden badge on me and give me the booby prize; have I got egg on my face. I was just looking close at things, and I noticed that "Connections" began with a capitol letter. Upon checking my pages, I found that the "Include" statement spelled connections with a lower case c. Changed that and VOILA! they all work correctly.Thank you for your help and advice. Those two lines of code did the trick. I really appreciate your help, and I'd really be in deep yogurt without it.

Archived