Lightbox Not Working Dispite All Seeming Good

miocene

I have made a wordpress theme and wish to include lightbox in the site.I am using a lightbox clone (which is basically the same but smaller) called slimbox. It is a plugin within wordpress.Please see this page to see the page I'm trying to get to work.I check the page source and all the .js files and other external files are loaded succesfully, the thumbnail links to the full size image and the link has rel="lightbox" (as instructed by the plugin page)Yet when the thumbnail is clicked it just loads the full-size image normally in browser window.I would appreciate anyone who discovers why it's not working and who can help me fix it... cheers

Are jQuery and mootools compatible, do they overwrite each other? If one of them overwrites the other then you won't be able to use both of them on the same page. The error said that $().adopt is not a function, I don't know if that's a jQuery or mootools function. I know that jQuery defines a function called $ though.

Are jQuery and mootools compatible, do they overwrite each other? If one of them overwrites the other then you won't be able to use both of them on the same page. The error said that $().adopt is not a function, I don't know if that's a jQuery or mootools function. I know that jQuery defines a function called $ though.
OK I think what you said is true.I have an image fading script called simplegallery on all the pages. It uses jQuery. The slimbox script uses mootools.Whichever is loaded last in the page header works. I.E. if the simplegallery scripts are loaded before the slimbox scripts, only slimbox will work and not simplegallery. And vice versa.so is it because mootools and jquery cant be used on the same page?? Is there a way to get around this.Alternatively, I think the original lightbox 2 uses jquery so maybe that will work.

Archived