Php>ajax>mysql>xml

claw2504

Hi,I'm trying to combine the AJAX Live search with a database. I want to store all the data in a database (so it can be updated easily) I then want my user to search on the main page and the result flash up on the same page and narrow down with key chars.Would also like it so the user can search using suggestions (like on the AJAX live search) from each field of the database record. Hope that makes sense!Sorry if this is in the wrong place.Would really appreciate it if anyone can help me, I spent nearly a whole day trying to do this without sucess. Thanks

Hi,I'm trying to combine the AJAX Live search with a database. I want to store all the data in a database (so it can be updated easily) I then want my user to search on the main page and the result flash up on the same page and narrow down with key chars.Would also like it so the user can search using suggestions (like on the AJAX live search) from each field of the database record. Hope that makes sense!Sorry if this is in the wrong place.Would really appreciate it if anyone can help me, I spent nearly a whole day trying to do this without sucess. Thanks
Just quick update:-Im after something a little like the search engine on this website http://www.netrics.com/demo/?_kk=database%...da-1ba40071a5b3Click Properties and Start typing to see what I mean. The DB Search im trying to create is for properties too. I imagine this may be difficult to make, but would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

What parts are you missing? You would send the entered text to your PHP script which queries whatever fields you want in the database and returns whichever results match. The Netrics site has a good interface and obviously a high-performance engine in the background (which is what they're selling), but the basics are just to have Javascript send the keywords to PHP, and PHP sends the results back.

Archived