Export Data Problem

yangkai9999

hello,with many help from you, I can export a CSV format data from a mysql table.So far the code works fine in my develop computer. But when I copy to code on another computer, the export file's extension name change from default CSV to xls.Is there anyone knows what the problem is and how to change the code or setting of computer?I install wamp on both computer (win XP, professional) with same setting (one is desktop, other one is laptop)Thank you,code:<?php$host = 'localhost';$user = 'root';$pass = 'Openit4me';$db = 'mytest';$table = 'p1_select';$file = 'export';$link = mysql_connect($host, $user, $pass) or die("Can not connect." . mysql_error());mysql_select_db($db) or die("Can not connect.");$result = mysql_query("SHOW COLUMNS FROM ".$table."");$i = 0;if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0) {while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {$csv_output .= $row['Field'].", ";$i++;}}$csv_output .= "\n";$values = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$table."");while ($rowr = mysql_fetch_row($values)) {for ($j=0;$j<$i;$j++) {$csv_output .= $rowr[$j].", ";}$csv_output = substr_replace($csv_output, "\n", -2);}$filename = $file."_".date("Y-m-d_H-i",time());header("Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel");header("Content-disposition: csv" . date("Y-m-d") . ".csv");header( "Content-disposition: filename=".$filename.".csv");print $csv_output;exit;?>

It shouldn't make a different which server it's coming from, the browser think it's an Excel file because that's what the content-type says it is. I use the application/octet-stream content type when I generate CSV files. You also have 2 content-disposition headers, I'm not sure what that's about.I use these headers: header('Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT'); header('Last-Modified: ' . gmdate('D,d M YH:i:s') . ' GMT'); header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0'); header('Pragma: public'); header('Content-type: application/octet-stream'); header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="report.csv"');

It shouldn't make a different which server it's coming from, the browser think it's an Excel file because that's what the content-type says it is. I use the application/octet-stream content type when I generate CSV files. You also have 2 content-disposition headers, I'm not sure what that's about.I use these headers: header('Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT'); header('Last-Modified: ' . gmdate('D,d M YH:i:s') . ' GMT'); header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0'); header('Pragma: public'); header('Content-type: application/octet-stream'); header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="report.csv"');
Thank you, I'll try that tomorrow.

Archived