Information Regarding Web Development

Guest Jennifer Clark

Guest Jennifer Clark

Hi, My name is Jennifer Clark, recently I have shiffted from Dallas to New York, we have a small business which is running successfully in Dallas, now we are opening a branch in New York, I am the one who have to take care the of the business and promote it as well. I am planning to make a web site of our branch, I am new to this city and looking for some local based company whom I can trust for the Website Development for my site, I came to know about webplore.com through one of my friend. Anybody any suggestion about this company as well you can also suggest me any other web development company also.

I know nothing about this company, but their homepage has me worried.1. Their corporate logo reminds me a great deal of Microsoft's. I'm sure it passes legal scrutiny, but it makes me wonder about their respect for intellectual property rights. Will you end up with content that belongs to someone else?2. They've designed their page so it cannot fit into a 1024px-wide screen without horizontal scrolling. (1024px is still a very common resolution.) A high school kid knows better than that, and it would have been child's play to avoid it. 3. Their use of tables as a framework for a vertical menu is very old-school. The same design would require a third of the code if they used modern techniques.4. They use the obsolete <center> tag in their HTML, which then requires them to:5. use a transitional doctype.Those last three items might not mean much if you don't know a lot about web design, but they are things that seasoned designers just don't do. Not on the page they do business from. Not when they claim to use Best Practices.That's my first impression, anyway. Obviously I can't comment on the other things they claim to be good at.

Yeah. I didn't want to say anything, but now that Ingolme has, I did suspect that all was not as it seemed. Like "Jennifer Clark" wants someone local (to New York), but the company she's interested in is based in Texas. Plus, she just moved FROM Texas.EDIT: This just builds on Ingolme's post: Google "recently I have shiffted", including the quotes, and you'll get 1200+ hits. The misspelling is quite distinctive, and the posts are identical.Instead of learning how to spambot, "Jennifer" should have been improving her development skills!

Archived