Keeping A Formula Secret

mortalhero

I have a math formula that I would like visitors to my site to able to use, but I am not ready to share the actual formula. I would like to let the visitor enter a couple of numbers and the formula would simply give the result.I know absolutely nothing about scripting so for the moment I would like just like to develop a strategy. I think I would like to use Java or ASP or ASP.net, but what to do with it? Can a visitor view server-side script code? Should I call the script from my page and simply open a new window within that script? Should I have the visitor enter data on my page then save it on the server and call the script, then return the answer to my page? I really have no idea.Thank you.

Yeah, a main point about server languages is they can decide how HTML elements are displayed. When you view a server page, your computer downloads the HTML output to your Temporary Internet Files folder; this is because the server script runs on the server before the page is viewed.Hope this helped :)

Yeah, a main point about server languages is they can decide how HTML elements are displayed. When you view a server page, your computer downloads the HTML output to your Temporary Internet Files folder; this is because the server script runs on the server before the page is viewed.Hope this helped :)
Thank you RobberBaron. So do you think I can do it all with ASP.NET? Will I be able to do this by simply adding a few lines of script to my existing HTML page and creating an ASP.NET file on my server?Thanks.

Yes. You do need to write the ASP.NET file though, and you need a server that supports .NET.

Archived