Fulltext Match Query Issue

son

I created a fulltext across three columns with the query

ALTER TABLE products ADD FULLTEXT (product, description, detail)

which resulted in the table info as:

product	FULLTEXT	No	No	product	0			description	0		YESdetail	0		YES

I try to run a query on word or phrase passed from search input field as:

SELECT product_id, product FROM products WHERE MATCH (product, description, detail) AGAINST ('$st')

But it does not return anything (also the term exists in description column for several products).Where am I going wrong?Son

Does this apply to you:

A natural language search interprets the search string as a phrase in natural human language (a phrase in free text). There are no special operators. The stopword list applies. In addition, words that are present in 50% or more of the rows are considered common and do not match. Full-text searches are natural language searches if the IN NATURAL LANGUAGE MODE modifier is given or if no modifier is given.
The stopword list are things like "an" or "some", common words that aren't counted in searching.

Does this apply to you:The stopword list are things like "an" or "some", common words that aren't counted in searching.
I had the term in more than 50% of the rows. Cheers, that was it. Just one more question. I pass the search string via Get from form to search page as:search.php?st=golden+gate&submit=GOfor example.Sometimes I saw that the words are separated by % (on other website). When would that be useful?Son

It's just different encoding. Most servers will recognize a plus sign as a space, but if everything is hex encoded a space is %20. This would also work:search.php?st=golden%20gate&submit=GO
But this is not something I need to set, isn it? I simply retrieve whatever is submitted from input field with:
if (isset($_GET['st'])) {$st = $_GET['st'];}

I have not made any conventions about putting words togehter with a plus sign or similar...Son

Archived