No Such File Or Directory

ShadowMage

Hi,I have a problem with a script I'm trying to access using AJAX. I'm trying to include another file in the script for the AJAX, but I keep getting errors saying there's no such file or directory. If I use an absolute path instead of a relative path it works.The AJAX script is located in this directory: C:\Inetpub\major\SkyPrice\Scripts\AJAX_Requests\CreateSkylight.phpThe file I'm trying to include is located here: C:\Inetpub\major\SkyPrice\Classes\WallPanel.phpHere are my include lines:

require_once('/SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');//This one works but I'd rather use a relative path//require_once("C:\\Inetpub\\major\\SkyPrice\\Classes\\WallPanel.php");

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?Thanks,jkloth

Hi,I have a problem with a script I'm trying to access using AJAX. I'm trying to include another file in the script for the AJAX, but I keep getting errors saying there's no such file or directory. If I use an absolute path instead of a relative path it works.The AJAX script is located in this directory: C:\Inetpub\major\SkyPrice\Scripts\AJAX_Requests\CreateSkylight.phpThe file I'm trying to include is located here: C:\Inetpub\major\SkyPrice\Classes\WallPanel.phpHere are my include lines:
require_once('/SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');//This one works but I'd rather use a relative path//require_once("C:\\Inetpub\\major\\SkyPrice\\Classes\\WallPanel.php");

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?Thanks,jkloth

Try
require_once('../../SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');

or

require_once('../../../SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');

The leading slash makes this one an absolute path:require_once('/SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');
Well yes, that's true. I guess what I meant to say was hard coded. I use this exact statement in another script and it works properly. This should work though shouldn't it? All of my script files are in the SkyPrice directory.
Try
require_once('../../SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');

or

require_once('../../../SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');

Tried this, neither one works. Tried double dots and single dots. I believe proper syntax is single dots, since they work in other locations in my scripts.

Well yes, that's true. I guess what I meant to say was hard coded. I use this exact statement in another script and it works properly. This should work though shouldn't it? All of my script files are in the SkyPrice directory.
Then just remove the first slash.
require_once('SkyPrice/Classes/WallPanel.php');

A single dot references the current directory, two dots reference the parent directory. Since the path to require is usually seen as a local path instead of an HTTP path, beginning the path with a slash on a Linux server tells it to look in the root of the filesystem, it's the same thing as beginning a path on Windows with C: or another drive letter.If you're trying to include this:C:\Inetpub\major\SkyPrice\Classes\WallPanel.phpfrom this:C:\Inetpub\major\SkyPrice\Scripts\AJAX_Requests\CreateSkylight.phpthen the relative path would be "..\..\Classes\WallPanel.php". You want to go up 2 levels to get to the SkyPrice directory, then down to the file.

Archived