Can The Timestamp Format Be Change

Bebopgeo

I have a field in my mysql database name DatePosted and the Field type I'm using is "TIMESTAMP" and the DEFAULT field is "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" and the ATTRIBUTES field is "onupdate CURRENT-TIMESTAMP and when I add a new ROW it adds the date and time automatically but the date and time looks like this 2009-12-24 06:34:58 but I want it to be entered as 2009/12/24 06:34:58 can the TIMESTAMP format be change so that this format be entered 2009/12/24 06:34:58 ?

Will I went to that website and look at that date/time stuff and I don't under stand none of it. My mysql data base has some fields to fill in when you create a row and the fields that I have are "Field"= DatePosted and "Type"= TIMESTAMP and "Length/Values1"= is blank and "Default2"= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP I have tryed putting stuff in the "Length/Values1"= and nothing works so where do I put in the right stuff and how do I wright it so the date will look like this 2009/12/23 11:45:38

You use the date_format function I linked to to tell it how to format the date when you select it. You can't change how it's stored, only how it's retrieved. They have several examples on that page, you're going to need to understand how it works in order to use it.

Archived