Seo

Elemental

Hey Folks, I just did a search on this forum for search engine optimization and got nothing back so...Are there any plans to start one?Peace,Elemental

I'd be against it, as there isn't that much to discuss on SEO. Most of the information you can find on the internet is either in general a good practice (which is logical - good sites get rewarded), a call for promotion (which is also logical - popular sites should be appearing higher), or a "hack" (which is unreliable... search engines, especially Google, constantly change their algoritms to avoid falling into these hacks).The promotion rule is to of course register in every web directory you can find, place a link in your profile (not signature) from all forums that you participate in (W3Schools' forum included), persuade frinds to link to you as well... "be an active citizen" in general.Some good practices include not using tables for layout, but only for tabular data, using headers appropriately, and using the keywords in them, use a meanigful (read - "with a keyword") titles (attribute and page ones), use meaningful alts for images, meaningful keywords and description metas, etc. and in general - use everything for what it was meant for, and stick your best keyword in every such part.

I'd be against it, as there isn't that much to discuss on SEO. Most of the information you can find on the internet is either in general a good practice (which is logical - good sites get rewarded), a call for promotion (which is also logical - popular sites should be appearing higher), or a "hack" (which is unreliable... search engines, especially Google, constantly change their algoritms to avoid falling into these hacks).The promotion rule is to of course register in every web directory you can find, place a link in your profile (not signature) from all forums that you participate in (W3Schools' forum included), persuade frinds to link to you as well... "be an active citizen" in general.Some good practices include not using tables for layout, but only for tabular data, using headers appropriately, and using the keywords in them, use a meanigful (read - "with a keyword") titles (attribute and page ones), use meaningful alts for images, meaningful keywords and description metas, etc. and in general - use everything for what it was meant for, and stick your best keyword in every such part.
boen_robot, Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.Point taken; be compliant, use proper code, be creative with your text and stay active.I can see this being the case for one’s own website, it explains how SEO has become a fulltime job for some having to manage multiple sites.Peace,Elemental

Archived