Need Help To Send Email With Attachments

creacon

I'm trying to find a way to send email - via encrypted SSL - with attachments. I tried a product called PHPMailer, which seemed like a good solution. Unfortunately it requires at least php 5, and my web host, Yahoo, is using php 4.3.11. I saw some responses from Izzy regarding Pear, so I looked it up on the XAMPP console, and was totally confused about how to even begin to use it.I found some Pear example code for what I want to do in one of the W3Schools tutorials, but when I copied it to my page and tried to execute it, nothing happened; so obviously I must be missing something but have not clue what.My website is a questionnaire that when filed out and submitted, it gets converted to .pdf's (which I have working now). I need to send those .pdf's as attachments to another company for processing, and have to use encrypted email because they contain sensitive/private information. I have my Yahoo business email set up for SSL (using smtp port 465), and I can successfully send simple emails (using the php mail() function) via that encrypted transport. What I need now is a way to include attachments.Could/would someone please please help me with this? :)

Is there any chance you can change your host? Try to at least ask them to update to PHP5. If they can't, then move on.PHP4 is now really outdated, so anything new that was developed for PHP5 is rarely ported to PHP4.

Archived