Autoscroll An Iframe

DanH42

I have an iframe that reloads periodically, and I need it to automatically scroll down to the bottom every time it updates.

<script>function update(){  document.getElementById('text').src = 'log.txt';}setInterval(update, 10000);</script><iframe id="text" src="log.txt" frameborder=0 width="100%" height="100%"></iframe>

I've tried a bunch of scripts, and none of them seem to work.

Just in case you are still interested, I've found after many web sites and suggestions by Licho & Colorete:<html> <head> <!-- Thanks to Licho & Colorete --> <title>iframe content scrolled (finally...)</title> <script type="text/javascript"> function scrollDown() { var windowFrame = document.getElementById('text').contentWindow; var totalHeight = windowFrame.document.body.scrollHeight; windowFrame.scrollBy(0, totalHeight); } window.onload=function() { setInterval("document.getElementById('text').src = 'log.txt'", 5000); } </script> </head> <body> <iframe id="text" src="log.txt" frameborder=0 width="100%" height="100%" onload="scrollDown()"> </iframe> </body></html>I've tested this (a little bit) in IE, Mo & Op but you cannot take for sure it's cross-browser...

Archived