Formatted Entries

benjiej

I am trying to extract information from my database and it has to be formatted a particular way. I have tried ',' and ' " and 'tab' delimitted and so far I can't seem to get the format just right. The format must be exactly as I show it or else the file is denied. This will be going into a csv file and then sFTP'd into another server. Below is the format.

XXX=XXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX=XXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX X.X.X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X name X XX Address City, State Zip X XXXX=XXXXXXXXX XXXX=XXXXXXXXX XXXX=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX X XXXX=XXXXXXXXX XXXX=XXXXXXXXX XXXX=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX=XXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX=XXXXXX XXXXXXXX END XXXXXX
Any help would be greatly appreciatedBenjie

everything is significant for this format. This is header information that is being sent to a csv file and if the format is not precise then the file is refused. I have started over and I am not on my work computer but this is what I have as of this posting. Also I am using DBIsam as my workbench.

INSERT INTO Temp_Report(FieldNo)SELECT 'XXX=XXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX=XXXXXX XXXXXXXX START'+ (YEAR as VARCHAR(2))  (Current_Date) '3.0.0' FROM Customers;

What do you mean the format needs to be exactly like that? Are the number of Xs, equal signs, spaces, dots, etc significant? What part are you having problems with? What code do you have now?

Archived